What To Do When You Lock Your Keys in Your Car
RBM Lock & Key makes it easy to get back into your car after a lockout
Locking your keys in the car can be a very frustrating experience to say the least. If you’ve planned for this contingency in advance, perhaps you can quickly get your spare key from a friend. Or, if you happen to have OnStar or a similar system enabled for your vehicle—and you also happen to have access to the toll-free number for the system—you may be able to call and have the support staff unlock your vehicle remotely.
But for most of us, locking the keys in the car means one thing:
A call to an automotive locksmith is in order.
Here are the steps you should take after locking your keys in the car to ensure you get expert service and are not victimized by locksmith scam artists.
- Call RBM Lock & Key. RBM Lock & Key is a trusted neighborhood locksmith offering 24 hour assistance for auto lockouts and other emergencies. Call us at 909-980-3448 and we can immediately send someone to help.
- Ask for a Quote. Unfortunately, many locksmith scam artists use a bait and switch tactic where they quote one price over the phone and then demand several times that price when they arrive. This does not happen when you choose RBM Lock & Key as your automotive locksmith. We stand by the estimates provided over the phone.
- Find a Safe Place to Wait. If you lock your keys in the car in the middle of the night or in a rough part of the city, you may not want to just linger beside your car while you wait for the locksmith. If you can, find a safe place to wait like a store or gas station.
- Ask for ID. Our locksmiths drive marked RBM Lock & Key vehicles so you can recognize them easily, but even so it is always wise to ask to see your locksmith’s ID.
- Authorize Work. Once your automotive locksmith has arrived on site and taken a look at your vehicle, they should be able to provide a final price for the job including any necessary fees for mileage or emergency service. This price should be very similar to what you were quoted over the phone. If it is not, you must not have called RBM Lock & Key! Do not authorize the work if you don’t like the price.
- Go on Your Merry Way. After having RBM Lock & Key rush to your aid, you’ll be able to get your car unlocked quickly and affordably with no damage to your vehicle. We’ll get you back on your way in no time.
Remember, next time you lock your keys in the car, don’t panic. Just call RBM Lock & Key at 909-980-3448 and request a visit from one of our expert automotive locksmiths.